Processing orders is a critical component of doing business. For the Food and Beverage industry, the accuracy of order processing has far greater implications due to:
1) Time Sensitivity – food companies are manufacturing or producing perishable items and need to act fast!
2) Safety and Process Visibility – the industry faces a wide range of regulations and safety requirements – urgent orders need to be able to be prioritised
3) Industry Growth – the Food and Beverage industry is one of the few consistent industries in terms of growth. The challenge is how to manage increasing order volumes without adding new staff.
With manual order processing, orders typically arrive in 3 ways:
- Fax, and are then manually entered
- Email, and are then printed and keyed in manually
- EDI, with an array of complex steps that need to be completed before the order is entered into the system
Enter Esker’s automated order management. Here’s how it works:
Becoming a pro in order management in the food and beverage industry is easy, and the benefits are numerous:
– Faster processing speeds, no matter what format the order is received in
– Improved customer experience and satisfaction due to quicker and easier resolution of disputes and enquiries
– Reduced operating costs
– Improved reliability and compliance with service level agreements
– Increased visibility with metrics and KPIs instantly available to review
– Remote order management is easy with mobile functionality
– Increased employee satisfaction
Esker can help your Food and Beverage company to overcome the challenges of manual order processing and reap the benefits like a pro.
You can read more in our eBook: